Farmers’ Market Incubator
The Farmers’ Market Incubator program is intended to help entrepreneurs looking to test or grow their product/business at a rural farmers’ market with the Thompson Region. Funding from The Economic Trust of the Southern Interior will allow the incubator to run throughout the 2021 Farmers’ Market season and provide subsidized supports to eligible vendors:
- Use of a tent and table
- Use of reuse-able signage
- Reduced stall fees for the first six months
- Access to webinars, guidebooks and business planning resources
- 1-on-1 support from a Business Advisor
Food producers and processors will have access to additional resources including:
- Additional marketing opportunities, such as aggregation and distribution
- Opportunity to obtain certifications, such as Good Agricultural Practices and safety certifications
- Support to pilot value-added goods
- Introduction to mobile processing for Indigenous entrepreneurs
Eligible vendors will also have access to our Self-Employment Program at a reduced rate of $250.
Vendors are expected to:
- Commit to attending at least six markets
- Follow market regulations
- Meet with their Business Advisor
- Provide feedback at the end of the program
Each regional market has different eligliblity requirements:
Are you an organizer of a farmers’ market in the region? Or a vendor from a market other than those listed above? Connect to have your market part of the program.
The program is free for eligible businesses to participate in. Contact Nova, Business Development Analyst at firstname.lastname@example.org to express interest in the program.