Let’s Get Started
You have thought about it long and hard and have ideas in place to begin your own business or purchase an existing business. Now what? How do you start the process? What do you require?
Let the experienced team at Community Futures guide you through this exciting, yet detailed process. Our Business Coach will work with you to meet all of the necessary business requirements and provide advice and access to the resources you will require to start your career as an entrepreneur.
Services We Offer
& Market Research
& Financial Management
& Brand Development
Are You Eligible?
Community Futures Thompson Country is proud to provide Self Employment Services to prospective entrepreneurs in Kamloops, Chase, Merritt and Lillooet.
Are you eligible to take part in our complimentary Self Employment Program?
In order to take part in our government-funded program, you must:
- Receive a referral from the WorkBC Employment Service Centre
- Be currently on Employment Insurance (EI) or have had an EI claim in the past 5 years or a parental claim in the past 5 years (Persons with Disabilities also qualify)
- Be unemployed or underemployed
- Want to start a “new to you” business
- Have a controlling interest in the business
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Propose a business concept that would be suitable for public funding – the business concept must be legal and not exploiting sex, politics or religion
- Have completed the Self Employment Program Orientation
- Plan to work full time (minimum of 35 hrs/wk) in your business. Persons with disabilities have a minimum of 20 hrs/wk requirement.
*Please note, the Self Employment Program does not provide start-up financing. Individuals requiring a business loan to start their business are referred to the Community Futures Loans Officer and other financial institutions.