Being able to adapt and stay current within the everchanging business environment is vital for small businesses to remain competitive. To ensure small businesses within our local communities have access to resources and informative business-related workshops, CFTC has partnered with Small Business British Columbia (SBBC) to provide video conference sessions to our membership. These video conference sessions are presented on a big screen within the CFTC office and interactive allowing you to ask questions.
Workshops are offered on a recurring monthly basis with new topics being updated continually. Examples of topics covered are:
- How to Get Media Coverage for Your Business
- Operations for Small Business
- Marketing Essentials
- Are You Thinking of Importing?
- Anatomy of a Business Plan
- TaxSense for Incorporating Your Business
- Preparing for International Tavel and Trade Shows
Interested in attending a workshop?
- Workshops are held at the CFTC office located at 330 Seymour St., Kamloops, BC, V2C 2G2.
- Registration must be made online at the SBBC website.
- Registration must be made at least 12 hours in advance of the workshop. Seating is limited.
Similar to any other workshop, there must be sufficient registration to support it running. If a workshop is cancelled, you will be provided with a refund from SBBC or afforded the opportunity to attend the same workshop at a later date or the opportunity to attend another one of your choice.
CFTC recommends that you save the SBBC website in your favorites and check the site out for new courses on a regular basis. Also, SBBC is an excellent source for business information on a variety of topics. Check it out while you are checking out the latest workshops.